After years of making fine chocolates in New York and Philadelphia, George Esposito returned home to Hazleton Pennsylvania to marry his wife Victoria. He started making candy for his friends and colleagues with one stove and one copper kettle. His chocolates became so popular that in 1934, George opened a storefront and named his business after his wife, calling it "Victoria's Home Made Candies". Soon after, Victoria's Home Made Candies demanded a larger factory. In 1944, George moved his business to 51 N. Laurel Street, which is still the current location today. George's five brothers and two sisters joined and became employees of Victoria's Candies until George passed away suddenly in 1956. George's five brothers took control of the business and continued his legacy of making fine chocolates using the same recipes and techniques that George created in 1934. George's Nephew Paul Esposito, joined the business in 1969. He then bought the business from his uncles and father in 1979, and continues to run it today... Victoria's Candies "Famous for Butter Creams" has become the finest candy manufacturer in all of Northeastern Pennsylvania. Known for their cooked creams, using real butter and cream, Victoria's Candies stands above all others. Paul Esposito's business practice and sense of quality remains to be the motto today:
"Giving quality without compromise Since 1934".
Through the years he has gained the reputation in the candy community for producing the highest quality chocolates and providing the most reliable service available. Currently Paul Esposito Sr. and his son Paul Esposito Jr. proudly operate and take great pride in continuing to use the same recipes and techniques that our family has been using for over 80 years.
Some Historical Pictures...
Paul Esposito Sr. and Paul Esposito Jr.
Marybeth and Jack Esposito (1973)
Jack, Carmen, and founder George Esposito (1954)
Paul Sr., Jack, and Carmen Esposito (1984)